Pulled back the carpet and found sound wood floor? Got an existing wood floor that’s looking tired, damaged and worn?
At Kent Floors we have a passion for wood floors and say why replace your tired wood floor and install new wood flooring when refurbishing your existing real wood floor could be the economical option.
Within the housing industry it has been no secret that a real wood floor increases the value of your home more than any other flooring surface because of its natural beauty.
So when you’re redecorating or renovating your home then refurbishing your existing wood floors can prove to be very prudent.
If you are preparing your home for re-sale which has an existing real wood and doing a makeover to increase it’s value and appeal then refurbishment of your existing wood floors will only add to its appeal and value.
Kent Floors as a matter of standard will make good any minor imperfections as part of our standard refurbishment service and if there any extra works or major repair then we can offer you the best solutions and advice.
When refurbishing your existing real wood floor you have many options you can choose like changing the wood appearance by use ofa stain or a tint. Kent Floors will help you make the decision with stain/tint charts, what ever the colour the price will remain the same be it a tint or dye.
Finishing is the final step. Kent Floors always apply three coats of ‘Junkers’ lacquer so that you get maximum protection for your floors and if you opt for Oiled option we will apply the appropriate applications.
If you don’t like the look of a smooth finish and prefer the rustic natural feel then the another option is to oil the floor as opposed to lacquer,this option is more forgiving in busier environments providing its maintained on a regular basis.
Our consultants will guide and advise you with all the options suitable for your wood floor to ensure you make the best choice, our skilled craftsmen will work alongside you and plan the process so there’s as little disruption to your life as possible. All our refurbishment refinishing services are to industry standard so your wood floor has long lasting beauty and durability
Refurbishment and Sanding Cost*
- Sand & Lacquer service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections: Price: £43.55m2
- Sand & Oil service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections: Price: £49.55m2
- Sand, Lacquer/Oil & Dye/ Stain service for existing wood floors which includes making good minor cosmetic imperfections and applying dye or stain to match: Price: £53.55m2
- Sand only service for floors where you wish to apply your own finish: Price: £33.43m2
- Repair service for damaged wood floors or where floors need to be sourced to matched, priced on a bespoke basis: Price: POA
- Gap fill service you require gaps between boards to filled with wood, filler or cork: Price: POA
- Sports line service is a commercial service where sports markings/lines eg; Badminton and Basketball: Price: POA
*Prices are based on a minimum area of 15m2 and entails first 15m2 being charged a fixed rate, prices include VAT, all prices are subject to final confirmation upon acceptance of works agreed and a green surcharge
Due the fluctuation in cost of raw materials the cost of materials used for wood floor refurbishment our prices have increased to a bare minimum to ensure we continue to use the best quality branded oils, stains and high performance lacquers
Make an Enquiry
For more information on our Floor Restoration and Sanding Services please fill out the enquiry form below.